The CIC (College Information Center) is a centrally located source of college information. The Walnut Hills High School Association in collaboration with the Counseling Office established the CIC in 1997. While the CIC staff is now funded by CPS, the WHHS Association and the WHHS Alumni Foundation continue to augment enhancements and resources for the center. The director, Martha Geller, is a locally recognized test consultant as well as a member of the WHHS Class of 1955. Parent volunteers and staff offer vital support to all Walnut Hills students in their college searches.
CIC services include:
- Meeting with parents by grade level to explain the high school course selection process, college entrance test process and college admissions process
- Alerting sophomores, juniors, and seniors to college testing dates and deadlines
- Offering “lunch bunch” test reviews where students meet as a group with CIC staff to review a section of the PSAT/SAT or ACT
- Meeting with students individually to review completed practice tests and to identify test-taking strengths and weaknesses
- Providing individual assistance, by appointment, for college application essays
- Maintaining a library of college bulletins, guides and handbooks
- Maintaining a library of past PSAT/SAT and ACT exams, along with annotated copies, for students to practice test-taking at home
- Maintaining a library of SAT Subject tests for student use
- Furnishing on-line college and scholarship searches through access on four computer terminals in the center
- Offering “words of the day,” math puzzles, story problems and other critical thinking exercises for all students in grades 7-12
No events currently scheduled.